This article was made possible by a sponsorship from my friends over at AirVape, makers of the AirVape Xs and AirVape OM among other innovative products.
What is CBD?
Cannabis contains dozens of different compounds known as cannabinoids. The most popular cannabinoid is THC – perhaps you’ve heard of it. CBD is an abbreviation for the cannabinoid known as cannabidiol.
Nearly all cannabis strains contain small amounts of CBD, however, certain strains, like Charlotte’s Web, have been breed to be particularly high in CBD. These strains can be smoked, but there are other methods of consumption. The plants can be processed into oil, which can be vaped or ingested.
CBD does not get you high. In fact, CBD has been found to reverse the effects of THC. A research study demonstrated CBD was particularly helpful in mitigating the feeling of anxiety felt by THC users.
Lastly, you can’t overdose on CBD, which makes it a safe medication for a wide variety of symptoms. These benefits are discussed in greater detail below.
The Benefits of CBD
Due to cannabis laws being stuck in a sort of limbo the amount of research on CBD is limited compared to other pharmaceuticals. However, there is still a decent amount of peer-reviewed studies for us to examine the health benefits of CBD.
I’ve listed some of the major benefits of CBD below. Please note the following is for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before using CBD as a treatment.
- Pain / Inflammation – A lab study done on rats indicated CBD could be an effective therapeutic treatment for individuals in chronic painful states. This study suggests the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol could also be useful in treating individuals with arthritis.
- Anxiety – A study done in 2011 found CBD was effective in reducing anxiety during public speaking. Another study also found cannabidiol to be effective in reducing anxiety in individuals with generalized social anxiety disorder.
- Antioxidant – These researchers believe the antioxidant powers of CBD could be used to treat oxidative neurological disorders like cerebral ischemia.
- Nausea – The results of this study suggest CBD produces both anti-nausea and anti-emic effects. This study conducted on rats supports the notion that cannabidiol can be useful in the regulation of nausea and vomiting.
- Epilepsy – CBD has been shown to do amazing things in stopping seizures in individuals with epilepsy. This study looked at 8 individuals. Half of them were seizure free after using CBD oil. Another 3 out of 8 showed signs of improvements. Only 1 of the participants failed to show improvements.
- Schizophrenia – Studies have shown that CBD can be effective as an antipsychotic treatment. Here’s a study, which found CBD effective for treating schizophrenia. The study also suggests it could be useful in treating bipolar disorder.
- Cancer – More research needs to be done, however, we’re already seeing some promising results for treating cancer with CBD. This study found a correlation between CBD treatments and the death of breast cancer cells. Another study found cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion indicating it may be useful in treating invasive cancers.
The list above is by no means exhaustive. As the potential for additional research is made available I’m sure we’ll see lots of new discoveries and additional uses for CBD.
CBD Vape Cartridges
CBD vape cartridges have become very popular – and for good reasons. The prefilled cartridges are a really easy and hassle-free method for consuming CBD. The cartridges come pre-filled with CBD oil. Some cartridges are reusable, however, most are disposed of or recycled after use.
All you have to do is connect the cartridge to a proper battery and you can easily vape your oil with no mess. You can’t just use any battery though, and all batteries are not created equal. If you are interested in vaping CBD cartridges then I highly suggest you keep ready to learn more about one of Airvape’s exciting products.
Introducing the Airvape OM
If you’re looking for a quality vape pen that is compatible with CBD cartridges then you should definitely check out the Airvape OM. This vape is small and discreet making it a perfect solution for anyone on-the-go.
The pen may be small but it’s made of durable and long-lasting steel. A variable voltage setting lets you adjust the vape to suit your personal style of vaping.
The best part is the company truly stands behind their product, which is why they offer a limited lifetime warranty on over Airvape OM.
Learn more about CBD
I did my best to give you an overview of CBD and how you can consume it using cartridges and the Airvape OM. Of course, there is still much to be said about CBD, and I could never fit all the information in one post.
If you want to learn more about CBD then I suggest checking out airvapeusa.com. Specifically, I recommend starting with this article they wrote regarding CBD and alternative consumptions.
Thanks for reading! Have you ever tried CBD? What did you think? Let us all know in the comment section below.