This article was made possible thanks to my friends over at industrialhempfarms.com.
As studies continue to demonstrate the potential of cannabidiol, many of us have started to add CBD to our daily routine. While we may opt for CBD oils and pre-packaged edibles, hemp flower offers some distinct advantages over other delivery methods. You can get CBD flower from many online hemp sellers.
- Full-spectrum CBD: Hemp flower naturally includes the entire spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes, which work together to produce the entourage effect.
- Known ingredients: Hemp flowers must go through rigorous certification tests before hitting the market. CBD oils are not created equal, and finding a high-quality CBD oil can be a costly exercise in trial and error.
- Safer vaping: For vaping, CBD oils need to be modified with often questionable ingredients. Moreover, vape oils can easily be adulterated on the black market and resold. Organic hemp flowers, on the contrary, can be vaped safely by using a dry herb vaporizer.
- Versatility: Consumers can smoke, vape, or create homemade tinctures and edibles with hemp flowers.
- Affordability: Unlike CBD oils, hemp flowers don’t need to go through an expensive extraction process.
Now that we’ve shown you what hemp flower can do let’s take a look at some of the top hemp flower strains to try in 2019.
Developed and cultivated in southern Oregon, Elektra combines upbeat and focused mental energy with physical relaxation and calm. The balance makes Elektra an effective all-purpose hemp flower strain. Consumers report that the Elektra strain helps with mood-elevation, anxiety, and physical pain. Elektra fans compare the scent to a high tannin Cabernet wine or dark chocolate. Flavors range from hints of sweet mango and citrus to earthy, slightly hop-like bitterness.
- Genetics: High CBD Early Resin Berry (ERB) and ACDC hybrid
- CBD Content: 9.33%-15.25%
- Terpene Profile: Myrcene, Limonene, Pinene
- THC Content: .17%
- Taste: Earthy, Fresh, Chocolate, Slightly Fruity
- Smell: Pine, Chocolate, Red Wine
2. Sour Space Candy
An excellent choice for the upcoming holiday season, Sour Space Candy imparts an uplifting yet relaxed feeling that’s ideal for a laid-back social gathering with friends. Sour Space Candy buds, covered in thick frost and red-orange hairs, often display a festive kaleidoscope of colors in red, purple, and green hues. With flavors that hint of sour black cherry and candied green apples, Sour Space Candy is the perfect strain to share with guests after a holiday meal.
- Genetics: Sour Tsunami and ERB
- CBD Content: 15.26%
- Terpene Profile: Myrcene, beta-Caryophyllene, Farnesene, a-Bisabolol
- THC Content: .15%
- Taste: Sweet, Sour
- Smell: Pungent, Citrus
3. Silver Haze CBD
Silver Haze CBD is the hemp flower version of the award-winning Super Silver Haze strain. In the 1960s, Haze was originally cultivated and popularized by surfers in Santa Cruz, California. The strain was perfect for relaxing after a long day of strenuous exercise. With its Latin American and Asian genetics, Silver Haze CBD pleases the taste buds with hints of sandalwood and citrus.
- Genetics: Haze/CBD hybrid
- CBD Content: 15.5%
- Terpene Profile: Myrcene, Limonene, Linalool, beta-Caryophyllene, Humulene
- THC Content: Less than .3%
- Taste: Sweet, Earthy
- Smell: Earthy, Spicy, Citrus
4. Kush Hemp
100% indica Kush Hemp gives users a relaxing body buzz. Early Bubba Kush strains contain an array of anxiety-relieving terpenes. This hybrid of old school Kush and Elite Hemp has been touted by many as the ultimate stress-busting CBD flower strain. With its uniform light-green color and skunky odor, this strain conjurers up nostalgia for seasoned cannabis connoisseurs. Kush Hemp seems to be in limited supply, so get your hands on some if you can.
- Genetics: Pre-1998 Bubba Kush and Elite Hemp
- CBD Content: 15.86%
- Terpene Profile: Limonene, beta-Caryophyllene, Myrcene, alpha-Bisabolol
- THC Content: .05%
- Taste: Pine, Clove
- Smell: Woody, Diesel, Citrus
Active people rave about Lifter. Suver Haze and ERB combine to produce an uplifting and energetic effect that doesn’t give you couch-lock. Many consumers turn to Lifter for pain-relief that won’t leave them feeling groggy. A thick layer of trichomes loaded with a wide-spectrum of terpenes coat Lifter’s bright green buds. Fans of Lifter compare the flavor to aged-cheese with blueberry and citrus undertones.
- Genetics: Suver Haze and ERB
- CBD Content: 9.88- 20.39%
- Terpene Profile: Pinene, Limonene, beta-Caryophyllene, Myrcene, Humulene, Farnesene, alpha-Bisabolol, Geranyl Acetate
- THC Content: .06%
- Taste: Sweet, Blueberry, Skunky, Earthy
- Smell: Pungent, Earthy, Sweet